Would you like to work with WTG package management, and do you want to be part of the global transition to renewable energy? Become our WTG Package Manager in Taiwan.
We are looking for a WTG Package Manager who will be working full-time as part of an offshore wind farm project. Joining our international team, you will be responsible for WTG package management (floating & bottom-fixed), including procurement, design, manufacturing, T&I, and commissioning. The role is expected to develop as the relevant projects go through early-, and later stages of development and into execution. First focus will be more on concept development, planning, and procurement, whereas the later focus will be on the delivery of the package.
What You’ll Do
- Manage activities of the WTG package of offshore wind farms throughout all project phases
- Prepare contract technical specifications in support of procurement activities
- Assess wind turbine suppliers’ proposals during the procurement process
- Working with the procurement team, provide input into commercial terms relating to wind turbine, contract terms, insurance, and warranty requirements
- Lead contract negotiations and contract management in close collaborations with the commercial and legal management functions
- Manage WTG interfaces with other packages, functions, and suppliers
- Support, co-ordinate and supervise WTG suppliers and related contractors as the project representative during the design, manufacturing, transport, installation, and commissioning phases of the WTGs by way of project and site meetings
- Coordinate technical queries during the design, manufacturing, and construction phases
- Monitor and report on project construction work, including wind turbine manufacture, transport, pre-assembly, commissioning, and testing activities
- Ensure that the wind turbine suppliers comply with the requirements stipulated by the contract
- Coordinate and/or complete site inspections to monitor and record progress and quality against contractual requirements
- Ensure that health, safety, and environmental site rules and best practices are observed
- Manage the assessment and rectification of defects during the construction phase
- Act as the first point of contact for project colleagues, suppliers, contractors, and other project stakeholders for any topics (of technical nature or regarding project management) which relate to the WTGs
- Regularly report to the wider project team on progress within the WTG package
- Champion a safety and quality culture, led by example, and ensure this remains a top priority within the team
- Lead associated internal/external teams and facilitate the necessary communication, workshops, reviews etc.
What We’re Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- Relevant degree or study program within Engineering or similar, paired with a general interest in developing renewable energy projects
- Several years of professional experience in the offshore wind or relevant industry, specifically in the management of complex technical projects. Experience in working with WTGs preferred.
- Further training or qualification in Project Management is desirable
- Knowledge of-, and preferably PMP/PMI certified
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to and experience working in interdisciplinary and international teams
- Ability to manage complex tasks and challenges within a process control structure while remaining calm under pressure
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems and other software platforms commonly used in the engineering, construction, and project management industries
- Proactive interest in and identification with the renewable energy industry
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- You are highly motivated, flexible, and agile with a can-do attitude
- You are a team player with a curious and innovative mindset who likes to challenge the status quo
Expat employees are employees who are asked to work outside their home countries for a period of time to eventually return to their home countries. As an expat at LAUTEC, you will be relocated to Taipei, Taiwan, and work out of the client office. LAUTEC will provide you with an attractive expat package for you and your family. You will have a chance to use your knowledge, experience, and skills in a new environment, assimilate into a new culture and help LAUTEC develop its new office there.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all employees.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute, and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Our offices are located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and Seoul.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV and a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruitment Manager, Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.