Are you an experienced Quality Manager with a passion for renewable energy? Have you worked on global wind power projects in the last five years? If so, LAUTEC has an exciting opportunity for you to join their team as a Senior Quality Consultant in Taiwan.
As our Senior Quality Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and implementing the project QM plan as well as the QMS for a large-scale offshore wind project. You’ll focus on supplier quality management and coordinate project quality surveillance and audit activities for contractors or suppliers. This position is on an EPC level and requires coordination across various stakeholders, such as Package Managers and the EPC management team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a quality strategy, a project quality plan, and other essential quality management procedures for the project
- Implement quality management in the execution phase, including the ITT phase for TSA and BoP, contractor evaluation, contractor selection, and conducting of pre-contract award audits
- Setup and maintain an electronic project quality reporting system, including the training of users
- Coordinate project quality surveillance activities and audit activities for contractors or suppliers
- Develop quality reporting program and dashboard for top management monitoring and decisions.
- Review contractor ITPs, coordinate RFIs and Quality Inspector resources, and report progress to the project’s senior management
- Monitor contractors’ quality performance, including the management of their subcontractors and follow-up on NCRs and CAPA
- Prepare monthly and weekly project quality reports for the project’s senior management, including the preparation of quality risk assessment
- Ensure internal interfaces with regards to quality management and certification management, document management, PMO, and risk management
- Ensure external interfaces, e.g., related to employer inspections, PCB inspections, and contractor inspections, according to the ITP
- Facilitate implementation of Quality Moment/Alert and lessons learned systems to support knowledge and experience learning across the project team and with key contractors/suppliers
- Collaborate with the project team on promoting a zero-defect and continuous improvement mindset and behavior for successful project execution
- Assure that all identified quality records and communications are correctly approved and maintained in a necessary manner, including the verification of final as-built documentation and takeover
- Implement project management with a focus on the deliverables of time and budget, according to the contractual requirements
- Lead and manage the Package Managers team
What We’re Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- Degree (BSc and/or MSc) or equivalent study within Engineering or other related technical disciplines, paired with a general interest in developing renewable energy projects.
- 10+ years of work experience from major technical industries
- Experiences in working with EPC and EPCI contractors and at QM positions in offshore projects
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office tools (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with quality management practices and procedures and can apply these to complex projects and be conversant with ISO 9001, APQP4Wind, and other industry standards
- Ability to communicate technical issues between relevant parties, such as the NC detection during fabrication and aligning production quality with client expectations and requirements
- Knowledge of relevant DS/ISO/EN standards regarding quality management systems
- People management skills
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way.
Expat employees are employees who are asked to work outside their home countries for a period of time to return to their home countries eventually. As an expat at LAUTEC, you will be relocated to Taipei, Taiwan, and work out of the client office. LAUTEC will provide you with an attractive expat package for you and your family. You will have a chance to use your knowledge, experience, and skills in a new environment, assimilate into a new culture and help LAUTEC develop its new office there.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we foster a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and innovation that empowers our employees to drive the company’s success. Our values are deeply ingrained in our Danish roots and are reflected in our flat hierarchy and development opportunities that we provide to all our employees.
One of the reasons it’s great to work at LAUTEC is that we prioritize trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We believe that every employee has the potential to make a significant contribution to the company’s growth and success. We provide a supportive work environment that encourages employees to share ideas, work together, and innovate.
Our flat hierarchy means that every employee has a voice and is valued for their unique perspective. This not only fosters a sense of community within the workplace, but it also ensures that our employees are empowered to make decisions and take ownership of their work.
At LAUTEC, we understand the importance of career development and offer opportunities for professional growth and advancement. We encourage our employees to take on new challenges and to learn new skills, and we provide the resources and support needed to achieve their goals.
LAUTEC is a specialist provider of consultancy and SaaS services for renewable energy projects worldwide. Passionate about technology and motivated by accelerating the global energy transition, LAUTEC’s vision is to transition all power generation into renewables. With offices in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and Seoul, the company enables the public and private sectors to realize wind power and other renewable energy projects smarter, faster, and cheaper.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV and a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruitment Manager, Peter, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For more information, visit www.lautec.com or follow LAUTEC Group on LinkedIn.