Would you like to work with project management, and do you want to be part of the global transition to renewable energy? Become our local senior project controls manager in Taipei, Taiwan.
We are looking for a Senior Project Controls Manager who will be working full-time as part of an offshore wind farm project. Joining our international PMO team, you will support our clients in ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget and scope, following the required safety and quality standards. Moreover, you will take the lead on planning-, risk-, cost- and interface management activities in the project.
What You’ll Do
- Develop project controls, planning, cost control, change management and cost estimating plans and procedures; ensure continuous review and improvement.
- Implement processes and procedures for the development of cost and schedule reporting, risk and change management, and document controls.
- Put in place the processes for gathering and analyzing project data to keep cost and schedule on track. Ensure these processes are consistently applied across projects. Implement governance processes to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for each project. Provide project planning input into proposals and bids.
- Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects. Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
- Implement Change Management & forecasting practices and appropriately capture associated cost and schedule activities. Ensure Change Management is adhered to by project team to quantify impact to schedule and cost. Lead the effort with project team to develop mitigation plans to stay on plan.
- Develop dashboards to communicate cost and schedule performance to teams in real time. Implement a standardized suite of cost and schedule reports that enable senior management to make data driven decisions.
- Perform trend analysis and evaluate project cost and schedule performance to identify potential risk areas, validate forecasts, and communicate those quickly to the key stakeholders.
- Coordinate funding requests. Work with key stakeholders to identify project risks and lead the cost and schedule contingency management process for assigned projects.
- Develop and implement standardized Work Breakdown Structures to be followed by the projects.
- Develop reporting calendars, Project Control Plans, Cash Flow reporting and Commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Develop process and procedure on contractual compliance of project invoices.
- Develop Close Out and Lessons Learned process and ensure adherence.
- Evaluate project contracts and commercial trends to ensure that the project controls processes are aligned to address specific project needs and is corporate compliant. Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and company standards.
What We’re Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- 10+ years experience in Project Services/ Project Controls in Oil & Gas EPC, Civil Construction, Infrastructure, or related industry (develop project controls, planning, cost control, change management, and cost/schedule reporting, risk and change management, and document controls).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and flexibility to work with Project Controls software. Strong knowledge of Primavera and communicative skills in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent people skills to work with own team and report to senior management
- Relevant degree or study program within Engineering or similar, paired with a general interest in developing renewable energy projects
- A proactive mindset to take ownership of solving problems
- Competences equivalent to PMP
- Strong expertise in planning, risk as well as interface management, and cost control
- Fluency in English and (Mandarin optional) and excellent communication skills, enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- You are highly motivated, flexible, and agile with a can-do attitude
- You are a team player with a curious and innovative mindset who likes to challenge the status quo
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy, development opportunities for all employees, and a reasonable work-life balance.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and South Korea, our team has more than 60 employees. Referring to the combined experience of our team, we have been involved in most existing offshore wind projects globally. Read more here.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV as well as a motivational letter describing why you are the perfect candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact our HR Manager (email@example.com) if you have any questions.