At LAUTEC Korea, we’re shaping the Future of Offshore Energy! Become our OSS Structural Manager and lead the charge in crafting resilient, cutting-edge structures that power the next wave of sustainable energy solutions. Keen to be part of the transformation? Explore further details below and submit your application here.
Nestled in the dynamic centre of Seoul, this position offers an exciting opportunity to become part of the global transition to renewable energy. As the OSS Structural Manager, you will be at the forefront of comprehensive project management, overseeing layout, structures, and mechanical elements. Your role is pivotal in EPCI contract management, aligning scope, managing design changes, and implementing inspection programs.
What You’ll Do
- Strategic Scope Agreement: Negotiate and agree on the scope of work and responsibilities within Structural engineering, mechanical systems, Fire and safety systems, and layout in the EPCI contract.
- Tender Evaluation and Support: Evaluate tenders and tender material, providing support in clarification meetings with suppliers.
- Planning and Review: Prepare a comprehensive scope, time, and quality plan (QA/QC) for the engineering of OSS and review key deliverables from Contractors within the specified scope.
- Innovative Design Leadership: Ensure improvements and state-of-the-art design concepts, leading to reduced CoE and shorter lead times.
- Contract Management: Negotiate, recommend, and manage the EPCI contract for engineering, certification, and support to fabrication.
- HSE and Quality Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with internal HSE and quality standards for project execution.
- Stakeholder Interface Management: Effectively manage interfaces with stakeholders, including electrical systems, installation manager, geotechnical and site assessment & loads, HSE, and external partners (MWS, Certifying body, T&I) from the engineering perspective.
- Risk Assessment and Contingency Planning: Conduct HAZID, HAZOP, and 3D model review workshops and risk assessments for OSS design and layout. Inform the OSS PM of significant technical issues, particularly risks, and develop contingency/mitigation plans.
- Fabrication and Installation Oversight: Participate in and follow up on fabrication/installation meetings, addressing TQs and CNs to ensure a seamless fabrication and installation process.
- Mechanical Systems Assurance: Take responsibility for the FAT and SAT of the mechanical systems.
- Collaborative Support: Support the fabrication manager in engineering matters, ensuring quality control and alignment of materials to O&M standards (as-built, manuals, etc.).
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure the fire and safety plan aligns with national regulations.
What Skills are We Looking For
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering.
- Project Management Expertise: Demonstrate a minimum of two years of project management knowledge and competence equivalent to PMI PMP in large-scale EPC(I) projects.
- Offshore Engineering Expertise: Substantial specialized experience in offshore engineering and offshore operations.
- Proven Leadership Proficiency: Demonstrated strong leadership skills, including experience in leading design teams or projects within a matrix organization.
- Languages and communication: Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way. Any additional language skills can be a bonus, especially if they are relevant to the regions where LAUTEC operates or aims to expand.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all employees.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute, and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Our offices are located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and Seoul.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV and a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruitment Manager, Peter at email@example.com if you have any questions.