Do you have experience in advancing the meticulous design, development, and upkeep of electrical systems in power substations, and do you want to be part of the global transition to renewable energy? Become LAUTEC’s new Onshore Substation Electrical Engineer based in South Korea.
Joining our international Onshore Substation (ONS) team, you will be working full-time on offshore wind farm projects with one of our clients. Your key task as our new Onshore Substation Electrical Engineer Consultant is to design and develop electrical systems in substations, ensuring they comply with industry standards. Furthermore, you will support the Substation Package Manager in key project management areas.
What You’ll Do
- Design and guarantee the quality of substation electrical systems, including power transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, busbars, and control, protection, and grounding systems.
- Verify compliance of designs, drawings, calculations, and specifications with applicable standards and codes.
- Assess vendor proposals for electrical equipment and materials to align with project requirements, and participate in procurement.
- Provide technical support and guidance during the installation and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Collaborate with civil, mechanical, and control system engineers for integrated substation design, construction, and maintenance.
- Conduct functional, insulation, and protection testing of electrical systems.
- Identify and resolve technical issues in electrical systems to meet project objectives.
- Manage electrical work aspects in compliance with safety standards and report progress and risks to the Substation Package Manager.
What Skills are We Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- Relevant degree or study program with a technical background in Engineering, or similar, paired with a general interest in developing renewable energy projects
- 5+ years of work experience from a similar role in the wind, construction, or related industry.
- Skilled in the integration and control strategies of power plants, including coordination with TSO / ISO systems.
- Experience in substation design and commissioning, with knowledge in transmission-level power system protection and coordination.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to power systems and substations, such as IEC, IEEE, KEPCO/KESCO codes and standards.
- Well-versed in NERC planning standards, design criteria, and functional requirements for HV and MV systems, including proficiency in Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash, and PSS/E or PSCAD modeling.
- Capable of reviewing and operating power flow models, particularly with PSS/E or PSCAD.
- Actively seeking or already in possession of a Professional Engineer registration or license
- Exhibit strong attention to details and technicalities with the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical issues, along with good interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Korean; excellent communication skills enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all employees.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute, and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Our offices are located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and Seoul.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV and a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruitment Manager, Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.