Are you skilled in navigating the complexities of regulatory frameworks, experienced in Korean permit management and would like to be part of the global transition to renewable energy? Become LAUTEC’s new Onshore Development Permit Manager based in South Korea.
Joining our international Permits and Consent (PMS) team, you will be working full-time on offshore wind farm projects with one of our clients. Your key task as our new Onshore Development Permit Manager Consultant is to develop and implement strategies for acquiring necessary permits and consents for onshore project elements like O&M facilities and substations. Furthermore, you will effectively coordinate with government bodies, communities, and internal teams to streamline onshore permitting.
What You’ll Do
- Execute strategies for obtaining timely approvals for onshore elements (O&M facilities, onshore substations) in development, construction, and operation phases.
- Lead all aspects of permits, consents, and assessments for the onshore elements of the project.
- Prepare, submit, and manage various types of onshore permit applications.
- Produce documentation, decision papers, and reports for the planning of the permitting and consenting process for onshore parts of projects.
- Manage and engage with stakeholders at all levels, including permitting authorities, municipalities, politicians, landowners, communities while collaborating closely with team members.
- Participate in meetings with external stakeholders such as authorities, consultants, and researchers involved in onshore permit and consent work.
- Oversee onshore permitting consultants to secure necessary permits for construction and operation.
- Handle interfaces and stakeholder relationships, including coordination with EPC directors, Site & Land Rights Managers, Engineering Package Leads, HSE Managers, Operations PMs, and Contracts Managers.
- Provide daily support on onshore permitting matters to PMS, EPC, and Investment teams.
- Assist in various stages of major projects, including business development, site development, and permitting support.
What Skills are We Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- Relevant degree or equivalent study within Planning, Law, or other related technical discipline, paired with a general interest in developing renewable energy projects.
- 5+ years of work experience from the wind or the construction industry or similar fields of work within planning application and environmental permits work.
- Project development experience with large energy generation facilities, transmission infrastructure, offshore renewables, offshore oil and gas, or offshore telecommunications.
- Experience in large-scale EPC(I) projects from a similar role in PMS.
- Deep understanding of the Korean market, culture, and processes in the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office tools (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem-solving, resilience in challenging situations, and exceptional skills in managing complex internal and external communication scenarios.
- Fluency in English and Korean; excellent communication skills enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all employees.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute, and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Our offices are located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and Seoul.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV and a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruitment Manager, Peter at email@example.com if you have any questions.