At LAUTEC Korea, we’re shaping the Future of Offshore Energy! Become our Export Cable Installation Engineer and facilitate the seamless implementation of export cable installation to contribute to the success of sustainable energy solutions. Keen to be part of the transformation? Explore further details below and submit your application here.
We seek an experienced Export Cable Installation Engineer to join an offshore wind farm project in Seoul, Korea. While providing active support to the Cables Package, you will be monitoring the scope of work for Installation Contractors, playing a direct role in planning, scheduling, interfacing, and coordinating all submarine cable construction activities throughout the development and execution of the wind farm.
What You’ll Do
- Compliance and Scope Assurance: Ensure Export Cable Installation Contractor adheres to the contracted Scope of Work and designated design.
- Planning and Oversight: Monitor and provide feedback on installation planning, engineering works, and documentation.
- Document Review and Coordination: Manage document review cycles with external stakeholders, including the Project’s Marine Warranty Surveyor and Certification Body.
- Internal Interface and Compliance Management: Manage internal interfaces with the Project Permitting Package to ensure compliance with Employer Permits and Consents, overseeing alignment with Project construction permits, EIA, MTSA, FIA, etc.
- Construction Package Coordination: Coordinate internal interfaces with other Project construction packages, including Marine Coordination, Offshore Substation, and Onshore Substation.
- Work Compliance and Progress Monitoring: Monitor the Export Cable Installation Contractor’s work for compliance with Employer Requirements, Management Plans, and Project HSE and Quality standards, with internal reporting.
- Progress Tracking and Reporting: Track and report the Export Cable Installation Contractor’s progress against the established time schedule for timely project execution, including internal reporting.
- Monitoring of Works: Monitor and report on the Export Cable Installation Contractor’s offshore and onshore works, including the shore end landing.
- Administrative Support and Collaboration: Handle general administrative tasks within the Export Cable Installation, encompassing meeting minutes, presentation preparation, and management of trackers and registers. Participate in project team meetings and foster cross-discipline cooperation.
- Technical Oversight and Communication: Contribute to HAZID/HAZOP sessions for installation design and offshore installation operations, actively engage in documentation review and comment, ensure implementation of technical best practices, manage change and configurations, and keep reports informed of all significant technical issues, especially risks, collaborating on developing contingency plans.
What Skills are We Looking For
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as mechanical or electrical engineering, naval architecture, or a comparable field.
- Specialized Professional Experience: Minimum of 7 years of work experience within a complex multi-disciplinary project environment, with at least 3 years focused on submarine cable installation engineering and/or submarine cable installation construction management, and at least 2 years dedicated to construction site work monitoring
- Language Proeficiency: Fluency in English and Korean; excellent communication skills enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way. Any additional language skills can be a bonus, especially if they are relevant to the regions where LAUTEC operates or aims to expand.
- Essential Competencies for Success: Showcase strong people skills and effective stakeholder management, coupled with proficient office and project management IT skills. Additionally, possesses a keen eye for detail, contributing to the overall success and precision in work.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all employees.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute, and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Our offices are located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and Seoul.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV and a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to contact our Recruitment Manager, Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.