Would you like to work with managing the fabrication, and do you want to be part of the global transition to renewable energy? Become our Fabrication Manager in Taipei, Taiwan.
We are looking for a Fabrication Manager who is willing to move to Taiwan and work full-time as part of an offshore wind farm project. By joining our international PMO team, you will work towards ensuring the right delivery of fabrication tasks.
What You’ll Do
- You are the contractor interface to the Client/Developer for the manufacturing of components and managing the execution of the fabrication.
- Ensure correct execution of fabrication works and handover of wind turbine jackets and pin piles in time and within the required quality
- Manage scope changes towards fabricators and related variation orders within the context of agreed subcontract
- Prepare and execute First Article Inspections, Factory Acceptance Tests, manufacturing surveillance, and inspections with the Project QA Manager, the supplier, 3rd party certifier, and the customer at manufacturing facilities.
- Ensure implementation of Project specific production and quality requirements.
- Follow up on Non-Conformances or deviation/concession request changes that affect the production of project components with required stakeholders.
- Follow up on Engineering Change Notification implementation to ensure implementation at the earliest opportunity.
- Coordinate across the project (Transport Manager) to ensure alignment on deliveries to pre-assembly installation sites.
- Manage any claim, delay, changes, etc., evoked by the fabricator within the context of the agreed subcontract
- Supervise and oversee contractors’ works and access performance at gate reviews.
- Authorize payments based on progress and performance
- Ensure progress reporting internally and externally.
What We’re Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- Relevant degree within Mechanical Engineering/Fabrication/Welding (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- Experience of 10+ years within the industry
- Finished courses and certifications such as FEED and Detailed Design. Structural Engineering. Jacket and Topside Fabrication and Construction Engineering and Management. Supply Chain and Communication Management. Project Engineering.5CertificationsIOSH Managing Safely. Harness Training Heerema Development Plan. Appointed Person Training – BS 7121. Steel Building Design to Eurocode 3.IMechE, Academic Member. Modern Apprenticeship – Structural Draughtsman.
- You are comfortable using a variety of IT systems to fulfill different aspects of your scope.
- You are flexible to travel to manufacturing locations in Asia.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- You are highly motivated, flexible, and agile, with a can-do attitude
- You are a team player with a curious and innovative mindset who likes to challenge the status quo
Expat employees are employees who are asked to work outside their home countries for a period of time to eventually return to their home countries. As an expat at LAUTEC, you will be relocated to Taipei, Taiwan, and work out of the client office. LAUTEC will provide you with an attractive expat package for you and your family. You will have a chance to use your knowledge, experience, and skills in a new environment, assimilate into a new culture and help LAUTEC develop its new office there.
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy, development opportunities for all employees, and a reasonable work-life balance.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Melbourne, and South Korea, our team has more than 60 employees. Referring to the combined experience of our team, we have been involved in most existing offshore wind projects globally. Read more here.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV as well as a motivational letter describing why you are the perfect candidate for this position to email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to contact our HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.