Would you like to work with the system integration and control strategy of an offshore wind power plant, and do you want to be part of the global transition to renewable energy? Apply to become our Electrical Power System Engineer in Boston!
We are looking for an Electrical Power System Engineer who will be working full-time at an offshore wind farm developer. Joining our international team, you will provide consulting services to support the construction of utility scale offshore wind projects. This job position is hybrid, with 3 days spent in the office in Boston.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the engineering design and operational reliability of the Bulk Electric System
- Collect input from various sources and report to the EPC engineering manager
- Lead advocacy and technical negotiations to facilitate the advancement of Advanced
- Power’s projects.
- Interface with all relevant packages within the project to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of the electrical power system
What We’re Looking For
Bringing the below skills and qualities will make it easier to succeed in this role:
- Relevant degree or study program within Electrical Engineering or similar, paired with a general interest in developing renewable energy projects
- 10+ years of electrical power engineering experience, with a focus on electric utility scale renewable projects
- Experience with System Integration and control strategy of the power plant and integration with the TSO / ISO system
- Preferred experience with substation design, commissioning, and transmission-level power system protection and coordination
- Knowledge of NERC planning standards, the main design criteria and functional design requirements of all main HV and MV systems, Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash, PSS/E or PSCAD modeling
- Strong Background in power systems studies (steady state as well as transient, dynamic stability, power quality
- Familiarity with reviewing and running power flow models (PSS/E or PSCAD)
- Ability to provide required inputs to the Scada / Systems Integration and P&C groups
- Pursuit of Professional Engineer registration or existing Professional Engineering license
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, enabling you to present complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- You are highly motivated, flexible, and agile, with a can-do attitude
- You are a team player with a curious and innovative mindset who likes to challenge the status quo
Working at LAUTEC
At LAUTEC, we value collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. Our culture is based on trust, flexibility, and self-motivation. We are true to our Danish roots with a flat hierarchy, development opportunities for all employees, and a reasonable work-life balance.
Founded in 2015, LAUTEC accelerates the renewable energy transition worldwide through innovative IT solutions and consulting services, enabling the public and private sectors to develop, execute and operate wind power projects smarter, faster, and cheaper. Located in Copenhagen, Taipei, Boston, Seoul, and Melbourne, our team consists of more than 50 employees. Referring to the combined experience of our team, we have been involved in most existing offshore wind projects globally. Read more here.
How to Apply
If you believe this opportunity is right for you, send your CV as well as a motivational letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to contact our Partner in the US, Ian Spooner, email@example.com, if you have any questions.